Non Profit Insurance
Non Profit Insurance Information
Non-Profit Insurance in Chicago, IL
Non-profit directors and officers liability policies protect an organization’s directors and officers against claims alleging negligence or wrongful acts in the governance and management of the non-profit organization. Because an organization is not run “for profit” does not mean it can avoid its responsibilities to its employees or the beneficiaries of the organization.
For those who want protection beyond the policies in place for the directors and officers of an organization personal directors liability insurance policies are written to cover the specific profit and not-for-profit boards on which an individual director serves. The premiums are calculated based upon the size of the organization and policies are customized for the exposures of the individual directors.
Just like businesses protect their assets with insurance, nonprofits should do the same. Non-profit organizations are all unique in their operations. While some work to preserve wildlife, others care for the elderly. What if a sudden fire burned down your headquarters? What would happen to the people, animals or environments your nonprofit serves?
What are the benefits of nonprofit insurance?
Nonprofits often function on a tight budget. This makes getting insurance important as a large, unexpected expense can be detrimental. A good nonprofit insurance policy will have the right balance of price and coverage.
What types of insurance should a nonprofit get?
There are many types of insurance for nonprofits. Here are some common types of nonprofit insurance. Keep in mind this is a list of the different types. Because every nonprofit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your nonprofit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Get started today!
Contact us for a customized evaluation of your nonprofit’s needs. We will search for the right coverage to fit your needs and budget so you can keep working to better the community.