COVID-19 Update: Please note that we are all working remotely and our hours remain unchanged at 8.30a- 5p CT. As always, taking care of our clients remains our top priority. Our phone number is 312-645-1200 and email remains the fastest way to reach us although all calls will be returned by the end of day should you leave a message because no one is available to answer. For more information and resources, see our Latest Insights.

Call Us 312.645.1200

Insurance for Expatriates

< Back to Insurance Services

How We Help

In today’s global economy it is not uncommon for corporate executives to be relocated almost anywhere around the world. At Chartwell Insurance Services we appreciate that living overseas for an extended period can be difficult as well as exciting. Obtaining the appropriate insurance coverage while abroad can present unique challenges. Chartwell has access to U.S. insurance companies that operate in many other countries, enabling us to help with your residential, personal property and automobile insurance needs in your new location overseas. Additional coverages could include insurance, and kidnap / ransom coverage.

Less obvious are insurance issues with the home you are temporarily vacating. Renting your domestic residence or leaving it unoccupied may not be acceptable to some insurers, so we work with those companies that fully understand and appreciate the lifestyles and requirements of clients who maintain residences within and outside the United States. Please contact us to develop a comprehensive risk management plan for your family, your homes, automobiles and excess liability in the domestic U.S. and abroad.